Sunday, March 23, 2008

Pharmacy Hijinks

The pharmacy I order my Provigil from, Caremark, has kindly set me up to not have any Provigil next week. I called my doc to get a refill and he sent it in. Well, a few days later, instead of sending me an email saying they are sending it, they send me an email saying I owe them money. "What the hell?" I say. Normally, they send me the bill after they send me the pills. Then the next day, they call me to say they can't send me the pills until I get my account current. I told the lady I was and I pulled up my account records to give her the check number and the day it was sent from my bank. She still couldn't find it, but she said she would look into it. "If I can't find the record of it, I'll call you, but if I do, I won't call." Whatever. She didn't call back and sure enough I got the email later confirming that my pills were being sent out.

This was last Thursday, though, and the email was sent after regular business hours. So, no doubt my package was mailed yesterday. It's not going to get delivered tomorrow (Sunday) and I leave early Monday morning for Florida. I've got half a pill left and I won't be back until Thursday afternoon. If the fatigue hits too hard, I may have to try quaffing a bunch of caffeine to get through my workshop. Argh.

No comments: