Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Funeral Music

I don't deny that I have a somewhat morbid mindset. It's just how I am. Even though I know I am going to live for a very long time, I have been thinking about my funeral and what I want it to be like. Yeah, I may not physically be there, but it's my funeral, damn it, and I want it conducted how I want it.

On that note, I've been thinking about the music to be played. This is the playlist I have come up with so far. I've got another hundred years of life, though, so it's bound to be tweaked a bit.

  1. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
  2. Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
  3. White Shadows – Coldplay
  4. Hero of the Day – Metallica (S&M)
  5. The Likes of You Again – Flogging Molly
  6. Come Sail Away – Styx
  7. Dead Boy’s Poem – Nightwish
  8. “Moonlight” Sonata – Beethoven
  9. Fur Elise – Beethoven
  10. Into the West – Annie Lennox (Return of the King soundtrack)
  11. On Earth As It Is In Heaven – Ennio Morricone (The Mission soundtrack)
  12. Amazing Grace – Dropkick Murphys (Live on St. Patrick’s Day)
  13. God U Tekem Blong – Hans Zimmer (The Thin Red Line soundtrack)
  14. Hallelujah – Handel (Messiah)
  15. We Are the Champions – Queen
  16. Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo
  17. Book of Days – Enya
  18. Angels Fall First – Nightwish
  19. Also Sprach Zarathustra – Richard Strauss
  20. A Final Dream – Trans-Siberian Orchestra
  21. Son of Pain – Rhapsody of Fire
  22. Cry to Heaven – Meat Loaf
  23. The Breaking of the Fellowship – Howard Shore (The Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack)
It's not in order or anything, yet. I've got time to decide things like that. Some of the songs are here because I really like them, others because they're amusing, others because they move me. They all mean something to me, though, and that is why they are on the list.

Are there other 28-year-olds out there who are planning their funeral?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This 29 year-old has written letters to those he cares about to be handed out posthumously ...weird, huh?

Also- Are you planning a funeral weekend, because that's a long list...better make sure there's lots of Guiness at your funeral.

Captain Noble said...

Who says a funeral is only supposed to last an hour with a brunch afterword. I'm thinking a funeral week with lots of drinking and revelry.