Saturday, September 8, 2007

Must Have Made An Impression

But not a good one. While I wasn't sure if Katie Joy and I had enough commonality of vision to build a long-term relationship, I still wanted to explore things. I am getting the impression that she is not interested, though. We went out last Saturday. I sent her a text message on Monday just saying "hi." She never responded. I called her yesterday. She did not answer and I left a message. She has not called me back. Yes, she is very busy, but she is not so busy that she couldn't make a brief phone call to say "hi" if she was interested in going any farther.

I'm a lot more secure and confident than I ever used to be so I'm not depressed or thinking I'm a loser because of this. Sometimes things don't work out and there are lots of other women out there. I wish she had called me to tell me how she feels. Actually, I am willing to bet that she will call me sometime in the next week or two but it won't be to go out again, but just to talk. Ah, well.

I suppose that means I'm in the market, as it were.

4 comments:

Shawna Noble: said...

It was worth the try.

I've lost count how many times I've been shot down. I do my best to put it behind me and keep moving forward to something better.

Captain Noble said...

Yeah, that's life. You women drive us men crazy, but we keep running back to you. There must be something wrong with us.

Anonymous said...

Reads to me like you are using your blog to whine...and you better hope that Katie doesn't read this whooey.

Suck it up kid (you look kinda of young relative to me) ...are smart and she doesn't start calling you back PRONTO, you should feel free to start asking some of her best friends (especially those good-looking gals with the boy friends and/or her sisters /female cousins) out for lunch dates to "get your foot in the door".

Captain Noble said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh, anon. I hope you feel better after your little rant.