Saturday, January 26, 2008

Paybacks

My mom tells me that my kids embarrassing me is payback for the times I embarrassed her. I got some payback today. I've been telling my daughters for a couple of months that I was going to take them to the bank to start a savings account for each of them. As it turns out, one of the teacher's aides at their school, Miss Ricki, works at my bank and told my daughters that I should talk to her because the bank has a promotion going on now.

So, yesterday I met her when I picked Erica and Shaena from school. She asked for my number and said that she would get an appointment set up for me and call me with the time. She did and this morning at 10:00, the girls and I went into Wells Fargo. We had to wait a little bit because the lady who was going to set up our accounts was still with another customer. While sitting in the lobby, we had this exchange.

Shaena: Dad, do you like Miss Ricki?
Me (knowing where this could go and groaning inside): Uh, she seems really nice.
Shaena: There's this girl at school who went over to Miss Ricki's for supper and she said that Miss Ricki is a really good cook. (Of course, my daughter's know that I do not like to cook.)
Erica (loudly): Shaena, do you think he's going to marry her?
Me (face turning red): Uhhhhh

Thankfully Miss Ricki was not nearby, though I'm sure a few other employees of the bank heard this. Kids. You gotta love 'em.

No comments: