Thursday, January 24, 2008

Joel Osteen's Message

An interesting article about Joel Osteen contains this gem:

“The reason [Osteen is] so popular is because of the spiritual infantilism of America. Not just spiritual, the infantilism of American culture,” Anthony says. “And he feeds the Paris Hilton, Britney Spears culture. It’s all me. Benefit me. What can I do for me? How can I feel better? What can I do about me? How you can get the best of your life? It’s all me-centered.”


Of course, Joel Osteen is popular. He asks nothing of you. Those sorts of people are easy to get along with. Unfortunately, if you surround yourself with people who accept the status quo and never strive for something better even when things may be pretty good, you will end up leading a shallow, empty life. Surround yourself with people who constantly say, "We can do better," and your life will be rich, the rich that counts and not the material wealth Joel Osteen wants you to have.

No comments: