Saturday, January 26, 2008

Obama's Victory Speech

This guy knows how to talk.



I've heard lots of criticism of Obama's campaign and speeches as being a bunch of nice rhetoric, but ultimately meaningless without solid action to back it up. I disagree. One, because I think his record speaks as a man who does put his principles into action. Two, 99% of politics is talk. Even when pols are in Congress trying to pass legislation, they do it by talking. I think it is also important (no matter where you are) to have leaders that can inspire their people to rise up to something greater. Obama does that in a way that no other politician I have seen in my lifetime, not even Bill Clinton in his heyday. I want that. I want a President who will say, "Let's come together and create a whole better than the sum of the individual components." I don't even agree with many of Obama's positions, but I do believe he can raise our country up. All of us.

No comments: