Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nightwish

Since I first discovered the Finnish symphonic metal band Nightwish last year, they have become one of my favorite bands. Their blend of heavy metal and orchestral elements makes for an incredibly rich sound and the lyrics are poetic and personal. I sound like I should be writing ad-copy for them or something. Anyway, they are awesome.

The first single, Eva, from their new album was just released a week ago. They've got a new lead singer since firing the previous one for becoming a diva too focused on herself. I was nervous that whoever it was would not capture the spirit or passion that Tarja had. I worry no more. Annette Olzon, the new lead singer, has a beautiful voice and fit perfectly into the band (at least for this song). I have faith that their upcoming album will be just as awe-inspiring as the rest.

Is it September, yet?

No comments: