Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekly Music Video

A classic 80's hit.

Taco - "Puttin' on the Ritz"



This is a cover of a very old song that was first released in 1929 and made famous by Fred Astaire in 1946 who performed it for the movie Blue Skies. I can't hear this song anymore without thinking about a time about ten years ago when I was working at Target. I was in the backroom, putting merchandise away. The radio was blasting, of course, and this song came on. Another employee was also in the back and she asked me, "Who's Gary Cooper?"

What? You don't know who Gary Cooper is? Are you not American? So, I gave her a brief overview and mentioned some of the movies he had been in. She was about my age, but I'm pretty sure anything before the 70s was ancient and she had no interest in any of it. Dang kids these days. No respect! Now, get off my lawn!

No comments: