Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Look At Me! I'm a Christian!

I've never understood the desire of some people to proclaim their belief in Christianity as loudly as possible, people like those in South Carolina who now have a license plate that says "I believe" and has a picture of a cross. Well, I suppose I shouldn't say that I don't understand, 'cause I do. It is a shallow declaration of faith that is much easier than, say, trying to live a quiet life of following Jesus's teachings. People might not figure out you are a Christian that way, not to mention that it's so hard striving to live virtuously. Much easier to shout from the rooftops, "Hey, I'm a Christian." Then people don't have to guess whether or not you are and you can go ahead and slide on some of those pesky Commandments.

No comments: