Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blood Test Results

I got the results today of the blood tests I had last week. The good news is that my A1C came in between 5 and 6. This is a measure of my average blood sugar over the past three months. It is supposed to be less than 7; the day I was diagnosed with diabetes, it was nearly 13, so I am definitely doing much better there.

The bad news is that my cholesterol is high for a diabetic. My LDL level is 81 which would be fine if I was normal did not have diabetes. Since I do, it is supposed to be under 70. So, I have to work on dropping my cholesterol levels. My diet is pretty good - plenty of fruits, veggies, grains, and such. I'll probably have to force myself to start a regular exercise regimen. I've tried to stay active (going for walks, taking the stairs at work, parking farther away at the store), but it obviously has not been enough.

Ah, well, life would be boring if it always went smoothly, right?

No comments: