Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finding Terrorists...Playing Video Games?

The intelligence community is developing software to find terrorists that may be playing World of Warcraft or other MMOs. I almost want to laugh and say this sounds like an excuse for spies to play video games themselves, but then I think, "Wait a second. I'm paying for this." This seems a ridiculous way to find terrorists.

Maybe this is why so many people were so wrong about WMDs in Iraq. They were too busy playing Super Mario Bros. "Bowser seems like the kind of person who would help Saddam out. That fire he breathes has to be a chemical weapon. I better thoroughly explore all these worlds to see if there are any hidden stockpiles of WMDs. Maybe down this pipe here...hey, out of the way Goomba. Damn it, died again. Good thing I scored that 1-up."

Courtesy of Matt Yglesias.

No comments: