Thursday, February 7, 2008

Refinancing a No Go

Mom talked to the mortgage company earlier this week. She wanted to refinance the house for a longer period of time to drop the house payment. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work because she's got such a great interest rate now that if she went for the new loan, her rate would go up and the payment would drop by (literally) a few dollars. So, that's not going to work.

If anyone knows someone who wouldn't mind sharing a house with a geek and his Mom, send them my way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane, I want to ask you if mom spoke to you about me moving in. I was a little upset when I told mom that we needed a place to go but she made it quite clear that she just wanted Aryana and I to move in but if she so wants to keep the house why would she turn down Billy. She could have saved her house so I do not understand. I do in a way but Billy and I are together and I thought it was being a little picky(not to be rude) on who is going to be their. I know she really wants the house so you would think that she wouldn't mind especially if it would only be a short period of time until you guys found something else or someone else to move in. I was just wondering if you could explain this to me?

Captain Noble said...

Well, Sheena, I'm sure it has to do with the fact that Mom is uncomfortable with Billy's drug use and inability to maintain a steady job. I'm sorry, but that's the reality of the situation. She doesn't think he's a bad person; she just would not be comfortable with him living here because of the lifestyle choices he has made.

Captain Noble said...

Oh, and for the record, I feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are saying. For the record though Billy had the same job for almost 6 years and thought a good opportunity came around and switched jobs but it turned out that it wasn't at all what he thought and came across this one, so he can hold a steady job. The drug use I do understand. Thanks for explaining it to me. I completely understand.