Thursday, December 6, 2012

Star Trek Teaser

It was nerdgasm time today as the teaser for Star Trek into Darkness debuted.



This has me very excited. I kept my expectations low for the last Trek film and Abrams did not disappoint. It was much better than I was expecting. Details have been scarce so far and the villain has not been revealed, yet. Speculation at first kept saying that it was going to be Khan (which would be a big mistake), but lately Garth of Izar and Gary Mitchell have been tossed out. Either of these would be fine choices. They are good characters and a lot could be done with either. I'm hoping, though, that the writers decided to create something new. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of The Original Series than me, but that's why I'm so interested in new stuff being done with these characters rather than just rehashing old material. Let it rest and peace and honor the memory of TOS by dreaming new stories up.


I still plan on forking out money to see this opening day and I'm confident it will be a very good film even if the villain is recycled. I will be a little disappointed if that's the case, though.


No comments: