Sunday, June 27, 2010

From the Ashes

PhoenixI'm back.

I apologize for not giving any notice of my prolonged absence. Honestly, I didn't expect it to last this long. Regular readers of the blog know that I have been in a custody battle with my ex-wife. I had reason to believe that she may have been online looking for info to use against me. In order to protect myself, I locked down my blog, my Facebook account, my Twitter page, and so on. I just could not take the chance that she (or her lawyer) would find something I had written and use it against me in someway. As much as I love writing, getting my girls was more important.

Last week, though, over two years after I began this journey, my ex-wife finally signed the parenting plan and I have full custody of my daughters. I can hardly describe the exhilaration, the relief, the unbridled joy I feel now that this is over. My work with them and for them is, of course, not done. But for all of the moments I wonder "what the hell have I gotten myself into?" I have two more where I find I love being a parent and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Okay, enough of the sap, eh? What this means for you, lucky reader, is that the Captain is back to blogging. I'm sure my absence only made your heart grow fonder of my and my presence will now only strengthen it as some famous English dude said (or something). Stay tuned for deep thoughts, not so deep thoughts, sarcasm (always), and the usual blatherings from the deepest, most cobweb-riddled recesses of my mind. Perhaps I'll make you think or perhaps I'll get your blood boiling or perhaps I'll just make you say, "Uh, WTF?" Whatever it is, I hope it's interesting and you'll leave the occasional comment.

No comments: