Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wikipedia Writers

Ever since Wikipedia's debut, I have been fascinated with it. I think it's a great starting point for information on an incredible number of subjects with over 2.5 million articles. So, who's doing all of that writing, you ask? Well, here's an article that asks just that question.

Incidentally, I do have a Wikipedia account. I've made a dozen or so edits, mostly fixing grammar and spelling, but occasionally fixing some graffiti. Hey, if I'm going to use it, I may as well contribute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as good as it is, wikipedia is usually third in my attempts to gain information on a topic.
uncyclopedia.com is my first pick.
for instance, thats actually where i first learned that karl rove was "spawned from a demon's egg which was inadvertently fertilized by a weasel's sperm [and was] raised in the deepest pits of hell."
conservapedia.com is usually my second source. man, where can i even begin to share the wealth of information gained from this source?
of course, the only reason wikipedia is more popular than these two is due to the liberal media.