Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Writing Competition, Part II

I wrote last week about an informal writing competition that I entered at EN World. Again, you are given four pictures from which you have 72 hours to craft a story around. I basically got a freebie in the first round because my opponent turned in his story late and unfinished.

Well, I got my second round pictures Sunday and turned in my entry today. In some ways this round was easier in that the writing came much more easily. On the other hand, the pictures were definitely more eclectic than the first round. I aimed for a fairy-tale feel with this tale, but I'm not sure how well I accomplished that. I think it turned out alright, but I'm not sure how great it is. Here it is if anyone is curious. Feedback, good and bad, is welcomed.

UPDATE: Fixed story link.

No comments: