Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nutrition Info

You learn all sorts of things about various foods once you get diabetes because paying attention to what you are consuming is critical for controlling the disease. So, I learned yesterday that Diet 7-Up has zero carbs. Carbohydrates are the big thing I have to be aware of because no matter what sort of carb it is, your body converts it to sugar to use. Now over the past year or two I have cut way back on the amount of carbonated beverages I consume. Now I have a can or two every few months instead of every day as it used to be.

Anyway, I do like to drink something other than water every now and then. I have to be careful of juices because most have quite a bit of sugar. At the store getting Pepsi for my mom I happened to see a 2 liter bottle of Diet 7-Up on the shelf. Curious, I checked the label and it does not have any carbs. I bought it and found that despite the "diet" on the label, it tastes all right.

I won't be drinking it all that often, but it is nice to know that I have a good alternative when I feel like it.

No comments: