Saturday, October 20, 2007

Car Shopping

I'm not sure which is more painful, shopping for a vehicle or the hokey-pokey room. I hate car shopping. Hate, hate, hate it. Car salesmen are pretty close in level to gas chamber attendants as far as I'm concerned. I was stalked around a lot by one salesperson while he talked on his cellphone. Another cornered me and went on and on about his company and their mission. When I found a car I was interested in, I had to sit around playing the back and forth game. "Okay, I'll take this offer back to my manager and see what he says." After about four times of that I got up and walked out when he went to talk to his manager. Then I had to deal with him calling me over and over and leaving multiple voicemails. "I don't know what happened, Shane, but call me." I never answered when he called and I certainly didn't return any of his calls.

Why does shopping for a car have to be such a pain in the ass? Car salesmen have to know most people think they are slimy spawns of Satan. I bet a lot of people, myself included, would pay more for a vehicle if they didn't have to deal with a salesperson. I'm going to have to find a private seller or else I'll never get another car out of sheer annoyance with the whole process.

No comments: