Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Greatest Captain in the Universe



I make no secret that Captain James T. Kirk is my hero. Ever since I was young, I have looked up to him and admired his leadership, cunning, panache, his fighting style (two-fisted chop!), his ability to "turn death into a fighting chance to live." I have always wanted to be Kirk.

There's a great website, The Captain Kirk Page, dedicated to all things Kirk. One of the coolest things they have is a quiz about the good Captain. If you pass (I got 10/10, of course), then you get a diploma to prove your dedication, devotion, hero-worship to Kirk. Here's mine:



I think I'm going to frame it and hang it in my office. As if my co-workers need another excuse to call me a geek.

I also can't let this salute to Jim Kirk go without posting one of my favorite Kirk images of all time. It's from this great website and they have many similar to it.



That is so freakin' awesome. Okay. Okay. I'll post another awesome poster from the same site.



Too cool.

Anyway, I salute you Captain James T. Kirk. Perhaps someday I will be half as awesome as you.

UPDATE: You can click on the pictures to see a larger view if you are having trouble reading the captions.

No comments: