Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Getting personal

I know. I know. I said I'd post more often. I'm working on it. Promise.

One of things that I've been thinking about since I started this blog is how personal I will be. What will I share? What will I hold back? And not, just as it pertains to me, but to others around me. Will friend or family members be upset if post something about them that they don't like? Will it harm the relationship? Help it grow?

I'm not sure I know the answers, but I do know something. I am going to attempt to be as open about myself as possible. I feel like we put up too many personal barriers in our society and that those barriers are ultimately harmful to meaningful relationships and personal growth.

I'm also probably going to post things about people in my life that they won't like. In no way do I intend it to be malicious. It will be honest appraisal of things as I see them. As I have grown and matured, I believe I have learned a lot about people and why they do the things they do. I want to bring down some of the barriers between myself and my loved ones. If that means, they end up hearing (er, reading) something that makes them angry, so be it. I want to cut through the bullshit and develop a meaningful relationship, rather than a half-hearted one based on facades.

So, to those who do know me and worry that you may be named in one of my posts, take a deep breath, and really try to understand what I am trying to say. For those of you who don't, I hope that something I say here on this blog gives you something to think about.

Even if it's that I have no clue what I'm talking about.

No comments: