Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Now We're Not Moving

First we were. Then we weren't. Then we were. Well, now we are definitely not moving.

Shawn still wants to get out of the house. This has been tearing Mom up and I've been racking my brain for a solution. I'm not really sure I have one, but I have decided that we are not going to sell the house. Shawn has said that as long as he can walk away free and clear, he won't worry about his share of the equity at this point. Mom and I were sure we couldn't make the house payment on our own, though, so we thought we were going to have to sell. Well, I have been really looking at my finances and some options and I think I can make it work.

I'm going to defer one of my student loans that I have been paying. I'm going to talk to a friend about moving in. I've applied for some assistance from a program through the hospital I work at. It's going to be tough and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. What it boils down to for me, though, is that my mom's dream is being crushed. I would feel like a shitty son if I didn't do everything in my power to prevent that. This may be a failed venture, but at least I won't be able to say I didn't try.

No comments: